Do you have an earthquake policy? Are you aware that most standard Home and Renter's policies do not include earthquake coverage? Contact us if you have any questions or would like an earthquake quote.
Here are five tips to decrease the potential damages of an earthquake to your home:
- Anchoring shelves and file cabinets directly to the walls.
- Installing ledge barriers on shelves.
- Anchoring large appliances.
- Storing heavier things lower.
- Attaching breakables directly to shelves with museum wax or Velcro.
Check out the video below from Insurance Information Institute